Skip to content

Coming to Wesleyan University as a J-1 Student

To begin the process of coming to Wesleyan University as a J-1 Student, you will first want to apply to the university & receive admission. For more information regarding Wesleyan University Admissions, please visit the Office of Admissions' website.  Upon receiving admission to the university, you are ready to begin the Initial DS-2019 Request. This request is to gather your immigration documentation in order to issue you a Form DS-2019.

What is a Form DS-2019? The Form DS-2019 or "Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status" is the document used in the administration of the J-1 Exchange Visitor program. The form permits a prospective J-1 Exchange Visitor to seek an interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in order to obtain a J visa to enter the United States. For more information about the Form DS-2019, please visit the U.S. Department of State's BridgeUSA website

To begin the Initial DS-2019 Request, please click here. Please note, if you have already started a Initial DS-2019 Request DO NOT start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your existing request.

Upon submission of your Initial DS-2019 Request, the Office of Academic Affairs will review your documentation and issue you a Form DS-2019. During your time at Wesleyan University, the Office of Academic Affairs will be there to provide you any assistance with questions, etc. that you may have. Should you have any questions, etc. please contact Mark Hovey, Associate Provost, at For more general information on the the Office of Academic Affairs, please visit their website.  
Wesleyan University Campus